I just drooled on my iPad. Absolutely beautiful, Rick.
— Dennis Yates
• Flame maple top, neck, headstock
• Swamp ash body
• Ebony fretboard, fret position markers, pickup bezels
• Hand rubbed finish in worn black
• TOONE & TOWNSEND aircraft aluminum neck core
• Stainless steel frets
• 24.75" scale length
• Bone nut
• Sperzel locking tuners
• Black anodize aircraft aluminum plates and knobs
• Stainless steel fasteners used throughout
• Bare Knuckle Nailbomb calibrated set
• ToneStyler studio grade passive tone control
• Patented IPNP neck profile
• Patented TOONE & TOWNSEND bridges black anodize
• Calzone flight case with black plush interior
Dove body shape takes on a dark and dirty side. Absolutely nothing innocent about this machine, you can expect late nights in jazz & blues clubs. Yes, the tone is that soulful. Warm. Deep. Clear. Alive and vibrant.
Collectors might want to take note. This guitar is one of the last ones I'll build using ebony. Also, the bridges are actually very rare 'Patent Applied For' prototypes that pre-date award of my utility patent.
PHOTO: Laura Masi shows us how Black Dove is supposed to fit. Alternately, the guitar is wickedly comfortable in classical position. Curved to ride the thigh. Full access to every fret.