EDITOR'S NOTE: Guest writer (and luthier) Rick Canton shares the details of his recent collaboration and build with jazz guitarist Tim Miller.
After a year of R&D and many modifications to the specs, this guitar is the result. We met in Boston in July to deliver the guitar.
Tim Miller will be recording a standards CD in August featuring this new guitar. His book with Mick Goodrick will be available late fall.
• Spruce top with hollowbody mahogany core
• Curly maple back
• Jon Bondy hardtail bridge
• Custom wound Tim Miller bridge humbucker and vintage Tele neck pickups by Reed James Custom
• Custom internal mic by Pick-up the World
• Dual outputs
• Poly finish
• 25.125" scale
• Strings custom mix of .011s & .010s
• Ebony fretboard
• Maghogany string channel to accomodate double ball string use with shorter scale length
• Curly maple neck
• JCustom combination headpiece
• Oil finish
Working with Tim has been both dynamic and expansive. Not only deeply studied in the theory of music, he is a master improvisor and composer, a true "New Lion" in the world of Jazz. Personally, one of his best traits is his friendly humbleness that I have been grateful to experience.